Alex has had a mole on the bottom of his foot since, maybe about 3 months old. It wasn't there when he was born, and just appeared as a speck one day. I actually thought it was dirt and tried to wipe it off. Gradually it grew and grew. And gradually I became more and more freaked out. A few months back we took him to my dermatologist and she looked at it and said it looked fine and that it was growing because his foot was growing. She told us to keep an eye on it and make sure there weren't too many changes going on. Well low and behold, a darker spot appeared inside this tan mole. And over the past few months this dark spot grew and grew. So, yesterday we had it removed! They are going to biopsy it and make sure it isn't anything to worry about. Alex did great. He did the no tears cry thing when they were numbing his foot up, but that only lasted a few seconds and then he was fine. Just sat there watching the doctor remove his mole. After we got back home Alex didn't seem phased. He was crawling around like crazy and pulling himself up and standing just like he always does. Here are a few pictures of him playing and hanging out!

1 comment:
Oh no!!! Poor guy! I'm glad he didn't seem phased by the little surgery, but I'm glad you got it removed!!!
Post a Comment