Beach Fun

A few weeks back I planned a weekend trip to the beach, so we went this past weekend and wow did we pick the BEST weekend to go! It was sunny, blue skies, about 60 degrees and almost no wind. It was amazing. We still needed our jackets but come on, it's February, so we totally lucked out. Knowing that in 9 short weeks it will never again be just Colt and I, I really wanted to get away for a mini vacation. I also have been wanting to take Gus back to the beach for months now and this was the perfect opportunity. Gus had such a good time! The beach was fairly empty so he got to be off-leash a good portion of our time down there. He loved being able to just run around in the sand but he wasn't at all impressed with the ocean, acting as if it was no big deal. Here are just a few of the pictures we took down by the water.

Colt and Gus heading to the sand...


Colt HAD to bring his metal detector.. I know, I rolled my eyes too...


Me and Gussie...


Such a happy puppy!





Us :)

2 comments:

The Dober Fam said...

Those pics are soooo good...definately frame worthy. I love the one of you walked Gus and the one of Gus running! I also LOVE the fact Colt brought a metal detector...HILARIOUS but if he found an amazing diamond ring it would be far less hysterical and far more exciting =)

Raina said...

I love the pictures! You guys look so great. the beach looks perfect! We are never that lucky when we go to the beach... it's always windy and too too cold. Way to go!