Names...

I think every girl from the time they are 5 have had certain names that they especially like and envision using for their future child. I was the same way, only now that I'm pregnant those names have gone out the window! Colt and I are having such a hard time coming up with a name. Every time I settle on one I start second guessing myself days/weeks later. Here is what we have so far...

1. Alex Christopher - I love love this name and this is probably our number one right now, but for some odd reason I can't fully commit to it. I can't tell what it is either. I try picturing myself calling out the name Alex to a 3 yr old, 10 yr old, etc and I just can't visualize it.

2. Carter - Colt likes this name the best. I think it's pretty cute too but can't come up with a middle name to go with it that "flows" or sounds right. Plus... I'm afraid of becoming the "C" family... Colt, Candice and Carter! It's a little cheesy to me.. but that shouldn't stop me from choosing the name, right?

3. Everett - Again, no middle name. This is Colt's least favorite name. Mallory suggested it and I kind of fell in love with it for a few days.. now I'm having second thoughts.. weird!!

Shouldn't I just know when I hear it? Why am I so indecisive?? Is this a pregnant thing? I feel like your name says a lot about you and now I'm feeling the pressure. My first responsibility as a mom - pick a good name!

1 comment:

Raina said...

All of these names are super cute. I will tell you one thing. Simon was NOT on the top of either of our lists, but the amazing thing is whatever ends up being right... you will love. Even the most unique names will just seems to fit the baby/child/adult. For crying out loud... Emile?!? Really.. did his parents really go to bed and think.. "wow... Emile Francois will be perfect for our Caucasian, american, boy from the burbs?" Yet somehow.. even Emile's name somehow fits him. :D
The good thing is.. all three choices are cute cute names!