Georgia

Colt made a very quick trip to Georgia a few weeks back to watch Casey graduate from Basic Training in the Army. I was suppose to be on that trip but with all the struggling I've been doing just leaving Alex to go to work, I couldn't bare the thought of leaving him for 3 whole nights, so I stayed back.

Colt had a great time, other than the travel. The first ceremony was the Turning Blue ceremony. Not exactly sure what this means other than meaning he's an official U.S. Soldier now. Each soldier was allowed to have one family member place their blue "ribbon" (not sure if that's what it's called) on their shoulders, so Val did this for Casey. The last picture is of the big ceremony the next day with a band, a gun show thing, and all the units marched out onto the field. Clearly I don't know the terminology! Maybe I'd be more knowledgeable if I went. Congratulations Case :)








No comments: